Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Jason got a job!!!

After 5 months, hundreds of hours of research, applying at over 40 school districts, being interviewed with 9 districts and being a finalist 5 times, I have finally got an offer for a job.

Yesterday, Mounds View High School called and offered the position of dean to me.

The dean position is a hybrid of the assistant principal, a regular dean and a counselor all wrapped up in one job. That is actually pretty exciting, as I will be able to council students, build relationships and also deliver discipline.


I am now what they call a Mustang and the school is a very prosperous school. It has won top awards in many math and science areas, in drama and music, and in most sports, including being one of the top track and cross country schools in the state.

See these link for more info...

http://www.moundsviewschools.org/moundsview/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mounds_View_High_School

The school is located in a very fancy area, where the cheapest house will probably cost you 250K (for a townhome), but there is cheaper housing within the district.

The school has about 2,000 students and is not very diverse at all, having only 13% minority and 1% ESL (compared to Shakopee which has 25% minority and 19% ESL). Yet, they are starting to become more diverse and I believe this is one of the reasons that I was offered the job.
So, I still don't know exactly when I will be starting. I have to end things with Shakopee, which could be today or could be stretched into a couple of weeks. Since they created the job that I am working in right now for me, I imagine that I could be released from that job quickly, so I imagine that I will be starting with MVHS very, very soon.

Anyway, we are all excited. It does mean a 40 minute commute, but it will certainly be worth it and it is definitely a blessing for our family.

GO MUSTANGS!!!

5 comments:

  1. So where is this job at exactly? Congratulations!! I am so excited for you to finally have one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAAAAA! We're SOOOO happy for you! That is wonderful news- you are very qualified and I know you'll be great there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Mustangs!
    Thats great news jason.Congratualations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I just realized how far that is from Shakopee....ouch!! Are you going to move up there closer or stay in Shakopee?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Jason! We're excited about your new job.

    ReplyDelete