Thursday, September 27, 2012

Neighborhood Fun


 It does feel like their is a war going on here everyday.  The boys have made friends with the neighbors.  They rush home and do their chores and homework as fast as they can so can go play Nerf guns with their friends.  These wars get pretty serious.  Usually one team uses our deck and the other uses our garage for a base.  I not sure all the rules.  I think they are ever changing.  Usually it is these four boys that play.  They are Ethan's age.  Ethan has been real good about letting Eli play.  I bet we have had a max of 11 kids in the back yard playing war together.  At first I was worried about them losing the darts, since we are basically the only one providing them.  After hours of entertainment I figure I can get some new darts every once in a while.  We did have to have a little talk yesterday about family time because they want to rush though dinner and scripture  study so they can be with their friends. 


 The neighbors behind us have a play set that they said we could use it.  Esther is always begging to swing.  She could swing for hours.


The girls have been playing well together while the boys are in school.  They usually play babies.  Ethan said that Ande and Esther are going to be good mom's when they grow up because they are always practicing.  


A couple of Sunday'a ago Ande had a lesson on talents in Sunbeams.  The teacher cut out the bottom of a styrofoam cup.  Using the cup as binoculars they went looking around the halls for people and asking them what their talents are. Cute idea.  She came home with this talent necklace.  It says ask me about my talents.  The four ribbons hanging from it are the talents she told her teacher she had.  They are:  Talking with her mom, cooking, swimming with a life jacket and eating with my family.  I loved reading her talents.  Kids are great.



What a great picture of Esther.  She is so sweet.

2 comments:

  1. We sure are glad these are our grandkids. they are all so great. Love G.Hunt

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pictures. We miss you guys. It looks like your kids are growing up so fast.

    ReplyDelete