Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Moving day

We had our move scheduled for the first of September but we really wanted to move on August 25.  The people that were living in the place we were moving into wouldn't give us a certain date they would be out.  So we were trying to be as ready as possible so we could move early.  Wednesday night the 22 we got a call from our land lord saying we could move in on Saturday.  We didn't feel like will would be ready in time.  I called the family and told them we were moving Sept 1.  The next day Ethan wasn't feeling well.  While he was sick I started packing.  I was getting a lot done and feeling real excited to move.  I called Jason that afternoon and convinced him to move on Saturday. Jason had to work late so he didn't come home that night.  I packed like crazy the next to two days.  We were ready to move.

When Saturday came along everything went real smooth.  We had about 5 members from the Shoreview ward to help and Phil.  It took about 2 hours to load everything. We got the biggest Uhaul plus a trailer. We still ended up having to do other small trip.  It started raining when we were leaving.  Sorry I didn't get any pictures we were just so busy.

We told them people in our new ward that we would be there at 3 to unload.  We made it right on time.  We had 7 people their helping and Landon.  My mom and dad showed up later and helped us set up the house.

I think it is a lot easier to move being a member of the church.  It is so nice to know that you have people able to help you move your stuff.  Also, you have some automatic friends though church.   Our new ward is pretty spread out and small.  I felt overwhelmed with the service we receive on the day we move and very grateful.

Here is the house we are living in.  When ever we turn the corner to our street Ande always says, "There our cute yellow house."  Yellow is her favorite color so she thinks the house is pretty cool.  Ande is concerned how grandma and grandpa Hunt will find our new house.  I told they would figure it out.

The following Saturday Jason bought our pets down.  Our landlord said we couldn't have the chicken at first.  Ethan and I were bummed out.  We all really enjoy the chickens.  We convinced her they weren't loud or smelly.  We were allowed to put them under the deck.

There is a perfect spot on the side of the house behind the garage for the tent trailer.
Their are a lot of kids in the neighborhood.  Ethan and Eli have Nerf war everyday.  There are a lot of girls a year older than Ande to play with.
We are very happy here.

1 comment: