Sunday, August 12, 2012

Chicago

Two days after I got back from Utah I went with my friends to Chicago.  I went with Reva Olson, Marla Kucera and JoAnna Kay.  It was a much needed vacation.  I was with a great group of girls.  We left at 6 in the morning on Wednesday.  It was different doing a road trip with out kids.  We arrived in Chicago at 1:30.  We became very familiar with the train system, the L and the double decker tour bus.  



Here is a synopsis of Wednesday day:

Lou Maltnati's pizza 
Grant Park, statues, bean, Millennium Park, broken down bus
Got lost on way to navy pier found Awesome upscale neighborhood - ritzy market
Navy Pier - Ferris Wheel
Fireworks - Crazy Storm super tired home at 11:30
Chicago pizza was just a good as everyone has said it would be.  We did a lot of walking.  We explored most of the city.  Their statues and parks were really neat.  I enjoyed going on the Ferris Wheel at Navy pier.  I was in amazed of all the tall building.  This was the biggest city I have been to.   I can't imagine living in a big city.




Here is a synopsis of Thursday day: 
Slept til 9 -' Donuts Dunkin'
Farmer's Market in the city 
Neighborhood tour to Chinatown and Greektown 
Greek Islands lunch 
Willis Tower 
Attempt at Art Museum 
Baskin Robbins 
Sauna/hot tub 
Card game nerts

As we were driving down JoAnna said no can wake up before 8:00.  I wasn't sure if I could do that.  My body just normally wakes around 7ish.  We were all amazed when JoAnna woke us up at 9:00.  It was cool to see a farmers market in the middle of the city.  The Greek restaurant was really tasty.  I was very amazed at the Willis(Sears) tower.  The view is incredible.  We had read somewhere that the art museum was free on Thursday night.  When we got their we found out it wasn't free so decided to go back to the hotel.  It was nice to relax and play some games. 


 
Here is a synopsis of Friday day: 
Friday-

Breakfast at Bongo Room 
Tour bus signature tour 
Chocolate store 
Water Tower Museum 
Candy store - candyality 
Sprinkles cupcake store 
Beach!
 Chick fil A! 
Soldier Memorial/beach 
Cirque show 
Hot dog / buckingham fountain

One of other tourist we talked to recommended going to the Bongo room.  We went their for Breakfast.  Wow was that tasty.  What a unique selection on their menu.  We did a lot of exploring today.  The beaches we found were beautiful with the city in the back ground.  I really enjoyed the Cirque show.  It was amazing the things they did with their body.  I loved the Chicago dog.  It is a hot dog with tomatoes, pickle spear, onion and peppers.  It was so good. 

Here is a synopsis of Saturday day:  
Temple! 
Home

We were planning on going to the Chicago temple.  When we got their we discovered it was closed.  That was kind of a bummer.  Now time for home.  We had a great time together exploring Chicago.  I can't wait to go somewhere again with these fine friends.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you had a good time. Maybe we should of went into Chicago. Love G. Hunt

    ReplyDelete