Saturday, July 17, 2010

Nauvoo

We had a great time in Nauvoo. We figured that it has been 6 years since we have been there. I'm not sure why we stayed away so long we really enjoyed ourselves. Ethan didn't do very well on the drive down. He kept asking when we would be there. Then he finally decided that he doesn't like vacations. He did a lot better on the way back. We went to Nauvoo with my parents, Roxann's family and Grandma Beck. I enjoyed my time with grandma.

The first morning we went to old Nauvoo. We went and visited the fun shops like the gunsmith and blacksmith. We did make it to the bakery and enjoyed the family living center.

Pioneer Ethan

Pioneer Ande and Charlotte. Cute girls!

Roxann and Phil were so nice to watch the kids while we went to the temple. The temple is so beautiful. I love seeing it in Nauvoo. When we walked out of the temple door the kids were there waiting for us. It was neat to have them waiting for us. As we were leaving Nauvoo we were talking about the temple. Ethan said that he couldn't wait till he was 12 so he could go to the temple. A couple of minutes later Eli says I can't wait till Ande is 12 and the whole family can go to the temple. Such sweet testimonies at a young age.

We went a play and one of the characters name was Eli. That sure got Eli's attention. It kept him watching the whole time always wanting to know where Eli was. Here a picture of Eli with Eli.

As we were waiting for the pageant to start their were some fun activities for the kids to do. One was pulling a hand cart. We thought it would be fun to have a race with the Jones. I think it was a tie. I really enjoyed the pageant. The boys did really well during the pageant. Once again we are grateful for Roxann for watching Ande.

Our family at Carthage Jail.

Ethan and Eli looking like real meanie in the jail. They both very interested and curious during the tour. They really like the places where their where bullet marks. We had a great time in Nauvoo and can't wait to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment