Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First Grade

I can't believe I have a first grader. He is gone from 8:30-4:00. He is in Mr. Newman's class. He was really nervous for first grade which made me worried for him. He kept saying, " He didn't want to go because he would miss out on family time." Really he just didn't want to miss out on anything. I tried telling him nothing exciting/fun going to be going on. He had so many questions and concerns. I wasn't sure how to answer them all but I told him his teacher would help him.
He woke up so excited. He came up all dressed and ready to go. He was ready a 1/2 hour early and he kept asking me over and over, "Is it time to go to the bus stop yet." He came over so excited and had so much fun. Check out his shoes he learned to tie shoes for first grade.
It sure has been quiet around here with out him. I love to hear what he has learned.

1 comment:

  1. Ethan, I remember walking your mom to school her first day. It is much more traumatic for the parent than it is for the kid.

    You look so big. I am very proud of you, and I love you.

    Grandpa Anderson

    ReplyDelete