So, last Friday Sarah left me and the kids to brave the lakes of Boundary Waters. What I thought might be a nightmare of a weekend has actually turned out to be one of the greatest times of my life. I never thought that I would be able to have so much fun with my kids. We had a BBQ, we shopped, we spent time at garage sales, we chucked corn with grandma and grandpa, we worked at the Johnson's, we watched movies and did all the regular Sunday church things. Although the weekend has been filled with great activities, I believe that the best part about it was simply the precious moments that you can get with your kids which only come when you spend time with them. Here are just a few:
- Being able to finally lay down with my boys as they go to bed (they ask this every night and usually I have too much to do).
- Cuddling with Eli and Ethan until 10:00 as we finish a movie.
- Being able to sleep in and just wait for the boys to come join me in bed.
- Ande - oh, Ande - her highs and her lows.
- Having Ande fall asleep in my arms at grandmas
- Eli's random, "Dad, ya know what?---I love you"
- Watching Ethan connect so well with his cousin Charlotte.
- Ande giving kisses to Landon.
- Eli and no potty accidents (this in itself is quite the miracle).
- Grandma asking Ethan what he did yesterday, "Oh, too many fun things"
- Building a tent in the living room and having family scripture study under it.
- Ande and her excitement about having her picture taken.
- More than anything, just looking at each of them in their peaceful moments and being overwhelmed by the love and trust that Heavenly Father has for us to allow us to have such great experiences!!!
I thought that I would leave you with a couple of pics from Ande's photo op...


I'm glad you survived the weekend. I hope to hear that Sarah did too!
ReplyDeleteThat was a really nice blog! I'm glad you had fun with them. Hope sarah did too!
ReplyDelete