Monday, January 7, 2013

Christmas 2012

This Christmas I felt it was hard to get into the Christmas spirit, just the worry of getting everything ready for that one big day.  A week before Christmas I declared I was done and not  
stepping in another store.  It was nice to have everything done and focus on the true meaning of Christmas.  The Saturday before Christmas my parents came down for our annual cookie baking.   It was a enjoyable day.  It didn't seem to take us long because everyone wanted to help.  The neighbors seems surprised and pleased with their plate of goodies.  That night the three oldest went home with Grandma and Grandpa.  They stayed two nights and came the afternoon of Christmas eve.  I thought I would have a lot of free time.  Not the case I was able to use this time to wrap presents and get our Christmas eve dinner ready.  
The kids sure had a lot of fun with Grandma and Grandpa and their cousins.  They went caroling and played outside.  They enjoying being with their cousins.  
I am grateful that they were able to stay with grandma and grandpa but they sure seems tired Christmas eve and day.  We had a tradition Christmas eve dinner, cheesy veggie soup in bread bowls.  I was going to buy bread bowl but I found them for $4.99, so I made them instead.  We did a devotional about Jesus's birth.  Finally the kids could open the gifts they got for each other.  They were so excited.  The kids always draw names.  I like having them open their gifts from each on Christmas eve they seem to treasure them more.

 The kids Christmas morning. Ethan and Eli woke us up just before 6.  Then they woke up the girls.  I was enjoying the moment and forgot to take picture while opening gifts.  Each child got a couple of gifts and then Ande and Esther got a gift to share and Ethan and Eli got a gift to share.

 Ande and Esther in Ande's play tent.  She slept in it two night in a row.  Her favorite gift was a flashlight.

This is part of Ande and Esther's gift they shared.  It was baby stroller, high chair and other accessories.

Ethan and Eli and thier gift they are sharing.  It has a lot of games it can change into.
We had a nice Christmas.  The kids did seem extra tired that day. What an exciting day.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great time. I love the the traditions you are setting. Love G Hunt

    ReplyDelete