I can't believe that Ethan is 8. It kind of makes me feel old. I didn't want to do a cake since we had it the last three days with the wedding and Charlotte's birthday. Ethan choose root beer floats instead. What a great idea!! Our candles and matches were packed so Jason made a flag for him to pretend blow out. We celebrated it at lunch time so the Jones's could be with us. Grandma and grandpa Anderson and great grandma Anderson and Beck came over. Ethan picked Winnie boats for his meal.
Ethan has been so excited to turn eight. A lot of coming of age events in his life, his baptism, going to scouts, getting a pocket knife and going to boundary waters. We got Ethan scriptures, skateboard and some DS games. He got a suit from Grandma Anderson. Grandma Hunt sent him a picture of some darts to get at Wal-Mart. He loves playing it.
Ethan is such a great helper. He is so eager to learn. We always do the library summer reading program. Each child get a prize for every 5 hours they read up to 20 hours. He is so diligence in his reading. At times it seems like he is to big for some of the things we do. It is hard with age range of kids. When Ande is having a hard time and I am about ready to give up. He can think of a way to change her attitude. I am often amazed. And think, Wow, he did better than me. What a great guy. I love you Ethan. 


No comments:
Post a Comment