So, this last weekend, summer has really ramped up for us. This weekend was booked with all sorts of fun and little rest (which creates a really interesting Sunday). We started it off with a lemonade stand. Ethan has been talking about doing one of these for quite some time. They both were pretty excited about it, although Eli seemed to not really understand what they were doing. Overall they made about $11.00. That's pretty good considering that they sold drinks for .25 cents. Luckily many were generous with their tips.

On Saturday, we tried to cram in as much as possible. I was out doing frisbee golf by 7:30 in morning. Once I came home, we hopped into the car and headed for our first trip to the Fort Snelling Military Museum. The directions were way off and we ended up looking for this little museum on this large base for about an hour. Finally we found the right place, and after having our entire car searched (including engine and under the car) we were allowed in. Here I am about ready to take off...

This place was very, very hands on. It reminded me alot of the Hill Air Force Base Muesum, but smaller. However, you could touch and climb on everything here. The picture below was Ethan's favorite airplane, a C-1. We were able to go inside and sit where the cargo usually it.

Here Eli is in the cockpit of that same airplane.

Ande was so excited about the whole even that she dropped her pants. (Actually this is getting to be quite the past time for her. She is always doing it and only recently has she started doing it in public. You should see the reactions when she just drops her pants in the middle of a large group of people.)

Next to the airplanes was another entire exhibit full of tanks and army supplies.



Run, Ande, RUN!!!
At this exhibit, the kids were even able to see some of the tanks operate. I posted the following video especially for my dad.
After the muesum we headed home, all took about an hour nap, went to a birthday party and ended the night off along the Minnesota watching the greatest of all firework shows - The Target sponcered Aquateniall.

(Careful Eli, you may hurt yourself doing that.)
looks like you all had lots of fun. I love seeing what you all are doing.
ReplyDeleteyou guys are so lucky to have the busiest, exciting, fun summer ever!
ReplyDeleteWhat a busy day! Hey, when you guys come to Utah do you want to go to Cherry Hill? Mom was talking about coming with me one time and I told her to wait to see if you guys wanted to go then she could see us both.
ReplyDeleteThat looks like the best weekend..i would of brought some lemonade from you for sure Eli and Ethan. Ande I love your pants dropping trick..we miss you guys..I know we would have alot of fun together.
ReplyDelete