Here we are after 11 great years together. Enjoying our quite weekend. We stayed at a bed and breakfast in Lanesboro, MN. I have always wanted to try out a bed and breakfast. We bought a package deal from living social. I was hoping to go cross country skiing but not enough snow.
We walked the cross county ski trail instead, did some geo caching. We went on an Amish tour. The tour was very interesting. Sometimes I feel like our life is very simiple. It is nothing compared to how these people live. I can't imagine living like that. We bought some soap, candle, hot pad and jam from them. Jason and I really enjoy time with just us. It was so nice of my parents to watch the kids.
Here is our bed and breakfast (Hillcrest Hide-away). What a great place. I would go here again. The owners were so nice. I love the food we were served. We had fresh bread and Juice at our door every morning. Every breakfast was served with a bowl of fresh fruit. The first breakfast was applesauce oatmeal pancakes with apples on top. The second day we had the Monte Cristo Strata. Both were a little out of Jason's comfort zone but he did well with it. I purchased their cook book. I am excited to try some of the recipes.
What a wonderful weekend together!!
Great time. Fred and I have alsways wanted to try a bed and breakfast and then I usually chicken out. I'm going to try it out now. Wish I had been there to help with the kids. Love Gradnma H
ReplyDelete