Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Yummy Breakfast

I have been wanting to try this recipe for a while but I haven't been able to get up early enough to get it ready before school. Thank you Ese for waking me up at 5:45. That gave me plenty of time to get it made.

Slow cooker banana walnut oatmeal

3 cups milk
2 cups oatmeal
2 ripe banana's sliced
1/4 c walnuts chopped
3 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 salt
6 oz vanilla yogurt
In a slow cooker, combine milk, oats, bananas, walnuts, sugar, cinnamon and salt.
Cook on low for 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally, or until desired consistency.
Stir in Yogurt and serve.

Wow the kids loved it. Ethan told me to make it all the time. It is suppose to serve 6. We ate the whole thing. I didn't have any walnuts. I will have to try it again with walnuts. Ethan says the walnut will make it crunchy. Good observation Ethan.

1 comment: