So, it was about a year ago now when Sarah and I were going to Ethan's soccer games. We've done them for a couple of seasons and have really enjoyed everything about the city's soccer program. During one of the last games, we played a neighbor and fellow church member, Conner Saunders. As we played him, I noticed that his dad was the coach. His dad, an incredible guy, found time in his busy schedule (CES area authority, counselor in the mission presidency, 5 kids, etc)??? So, that inspired me. I decided that if he could do it I certainly could. Yet, I'd sort of forgotten all about this until I got the notice that I would be one of the coaches for Eli's soccer team. Go coach!
Eli was one of our best players. Really, we had only about 2 (three on some days) that were actually aggressive enough to touch the ball. Most just got so excited that they were on the field and that people were cheering for them, that they ran circles around the ball and around the other team's players who were actually kicking the ball. Yet, by the end of the season, some were actually willing to kick something. Overall it was a great time. I really had no idea what I was doing, but the other coach just let me do what I wanted.
Eli scored multiple times (although I think if we actually kept score, we were far from even scoring 1/2 the number of points the other team did) and really got into the ball multiple times.
This is our team, except for the triplets (all girls) and me (I had to scoot onto another event).
No comments:
Post a Comment