Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Fun Family Weekend

Ever since the Olympics came to Salt Lake City I have loved them. We planned an Olympic party. We had a lot of fun. Four other families came. It seems like when we have friends over we just let the kids play and be thier wild self. Jason and I wanted to get the kids involved this time. We had relay games for the kids. Flying paper airplanes, wheelbarrow races, dressing for winter balancing beam and shooting hoops were the games we played. They had fun. At the end we did a medal ceremony. The medal were made out of muffin liners. I love watching the Olympics. I am constantly amazed at the extreme things people will do.
Here is our family getting our medal for the tiniest wheelbarrow racer. Go Ande!!

Saturday morning we had an mom and dad, Ethan, Eli date. The boys were anticipating this for the last week. We went to the St. Paul Chamber Orchestra. It was put on for kids. They did an excellent job explaining all about the Orchestra. I love watching Eli being so interested. We took the kids to the Orchestra to get them interested in instruments. They really enjoyed it. We got there early, chose seats very close to the front and then explored with the kids - all the way to the second balcony (highest level). After the Orchestra we took them out to Chili's. We don't take the kids out to eat very much they were excited and looking forward to some pizza. Eli didn't eat his very well. I think he got filled up on the chocolate milk. They were great kids. What a fun date. This morning Eli said "mom thanks for taking us on the date."

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun party and date. Love the Olympic game ideas for the party - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The party sounds so fun! Way to be creative. I love the date thing. You guys are the best parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go team hunt that was a cool idea you had olympics party. lucky boys to go on a special date with mom and dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the cutest parents...and Sarah, you are seriously so pretty. I love catching up with you on the blog! And I love the Olympics too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun idea! We love the Olympics too. We are still watching them. Things have been busy at our house so we recorded a bunch and haven't got to them yet. So don't spoil it for me and tell me how it ends... :)

    ReplyDelete