Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas 2009

I this was my favorite Christmas so far. We had a great Christmas season. During the month of December we decided as a family for our gift to Jesus we would do service every day. We would talk about it during dinner. It was neat teaching the kids about service. For one, that service doesn't always have to be something big, it can be small and simple. We must have talked about it a lot threw out the month, I would even catch Avari( the girl I daycare) say "this will be my service."

It snowed so much the last couple of days. On Christmas Eve we went to my parents and sledding with Charlotte and Jackson. It was so fun. I am amazed how brave Ande is in the snow. She loves it. She will go down the hill and when she gets back up she will sign more.

Christmas Eve we stayed home. We reenacted the Christmas Story and sang songs. Wow was it so neat the spirit was so strong. It was such a wonderful experience. The kids were able to open presents from each other. Ethan has such a giving spirit he was so excited to go and buy presents for everyone. It was nice to have them open gifts from each other Christmas eve they were able to enjoy them and appreciate each others gift more. After that we watched It is a Wonderful Life. I have always enjoyed that show but I think that will be the last year we watch it on Christmas Eve: it is a long show.

I am not sure who was more excited Christmas morning: me or the kids? I was up waiting in bed for sometime before some one woke up. I love watching the open their gifts and their excitement and love for each gift.
Their cute faces when they first saw the tree. Than they went and woke up Ande.

Check up the surprised look on their faces I love it. They got lighting up light sabers.

Ande's Baby!!!!



Ande wouldn't take the jacket off after she open it. I really enjoyed making things this year. I made this cape for Ande, some clips and a tutu.
Eli by his present. Eli was so sweet he told us about 4 times that he needed to write Santa a letter and thank him for all the gifts.


Ethan by his gifts.
It was a great Christmas. We spent the day at my parents with Roxann's family had a great time being with family. The boys loved wrestling with Landon. Hans we missed you. Ande didn't take a very good nap and was pretty grumpy. That was a bummer. I hope everyone had a great Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment