DAY ONE
Ethan: I'm scared... so scared that they move my entire class to the platform, rather than holding onto the edge-and even here I cannot stand it. So, I get out and run back to my parents.Well, now we are both scared and cannot even do much more than hold onto the wall. In fact, it is so scary that the best that Eli can do is to dangle his feet into the water. Mom and dad are frustrated - WE'RE PAYING FOR THIS???
DAY THREE:
All is well - Grandma and Grandpa promised to take us to McDonalds and to a fitness swimming center if we do good. BRIBERY WORKS!!!DAY FOUR:
The bribe is over, its now time to scream and cry and make our parents embarrassed in front of all the other parents. In fact, we hear some ask if they have ever been in water :)DAY FOUR POINT FIVE:
Mom and dad have had it - its time to take action. We learn about open swimming at the same pool. We schedule a time the day before their lessons. Dad's plan - throw them in and force them to learn like birds falling out of a tree...Luckily, they actually do very, very well with us. In fact, so good that we surprised the main lifeguard. She wondered if these were the same kids. Both Ethan and Eli end up going off the diving board.DAY FIVE:
Mom and dad are now happy. Swimming lessons went over very well and both kids did a great job. In fact, Ethan was quite bummed that his class did not get a chance to jump off the diving board during that lesson.DAY SIX:
We hope and pray this and the rest will be good ones...boy its great being parents!!!
I am not sure what comment to make about this post.
ReplyDeleteThat's funny. It is knid of annoying because you know that they will love it as soon as they actually try it. But it is having the patience with them until they try it. I love the fireplace. I hope you don't sell your house before we visit. I want to see your house.
ReplyDeleteSooo true!
ReplyDelete