Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Bear Tracks 5K
In an effort to get in shape, I signed up for a 5K a little over a month ago. Although it was not easy to find time to exercise, I sure did enjoy getting in shape.
It was a very cold November 1st morning (just over 38 degrees), but it was sunny and seemed like a great day for a race.
I started out with the front pack and stayed with them for a while. That is, until I just could not hold it any longer and had to stop for a bathroom break at about mile marker 1. After the break, I was right back into stride.
By mile 2, it was the front pack of runners, me and then the back pack of runners, and lots of room between me and the other runners. This created a bit harder of a race, as I did not really have anyone to compete with. In the end, I met my goal and finished at 20:55 taking 5th place overall. I feel pretty good about it (even though I would have laughed at such a time as a high school runner).
I guess one of the greatest parts of the race was my supporters. I'd never run a race since I've been married, so this was the first for the wife and the kids. It seems like they enjoyed themselves!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awesome job! I have learned that running races is fun. I'm looking foward to doing one with you.
ReplyDeleteGood job dude!
ReplyDeleteGreat job! The 20:55 looks really good to me. I am trying to be like the Hunt family and be a runner. It takes lots of WORK!
ReplyDelete