Sunday, February 10, 2013

Rain Gutter Regatta

Since we have moved to Owatonna we do scouts with the community not the church.  Their isn't very many boys in our ward, plus it is a 20 minute drive to church - so not really worth it at all.  Especially considering that the boys' troop has a large number of members and its only 3 minutes from home.  I really enjoy doing it this way because we are able to get to know the people in our area better.  Since we aren't doing it with the church Eli is able to do scouts.  He is a Tiger.  I am his den leader.   I joke around with Jason that it is my second calling.  For our last pack meeting  we did rain gutter regatta.  The boys had boats that they had to take home to sand and paint.  

Here is Eli on a race.  He had to blow his boat from one end of the rain gutter to the other.  It was a double elimination race.  Unfortunately Eli lost both of his races.  I was impressed with him because he didn't get sad or cry because he didn't win.  He was still cheering on the other boys in his den.

Ethan won both his races.  He got to go on and race the other winers from the other dens.

Ethan won 4th overall in the pack, and 1st in his den.

No comments:

Post a Comment