Monday, April 30, 2012

Bugs and Frankenstein

While doing Ande's hair on Wednesday April 18 I found a bug in it.  Our neighbors had lice the first of the month.  When I found the bug I tried not to freak out.  I called to school nurse.  She said that since Ande has older siblings going to the school I could bring her in.  The nurse confirmed my fears.  Ande had lice.  I have always dreaded the day my girls would get lice.  I remember getting it as a child, not fun memories.  I never thought Ande would get it so young.  I came home and started washing everything and vacuuming everything.  Ande wouldn't let me comb her hair.  That was dad's job.  I was on cleaning and Jason was the nit picker.  I took her back to the nurse on Friday and she found one nit.  She said it was a small case.  I was releived!!  Sunday and Monday we kept checking her hair and we would find more and more.  Finally  I went and talked to my neighbor(her girls have had it twice).  I learned all the tricks.

  

I was frustrated that she still had it.  I decided to have a was against lice.  We tried a lot of things mayo in her hair for 3 hours with a shower cap on the same thing with oil.  We found that oil worked the best. She did oil three nights in a row.  Jason combed though her hair every night.  I took the bedding off  every bed every day and put them in the dryer for 40 minutes, covered our couches with a sheet(so I didn't have to vacuum it everyday).  It was busy and stressful.  Tonight is our first night no lice or nits.  Let hope for more.  Ande and I have spent a lot of time at home together.  I have enjoyed my time with her.


Last Thursday I got a call for the nurse at Ethan's school saying he got hurt at recess and he needs stitches.  I was already overwhelmed now this.  I couldn't have someone watch the other kids because of the lice.  So we all head to the urgent care.  Luckily,  Jason was able to get off work and come pick up the other kids.  
Ethan was playing basketball and he collided into another kid.  He got 4 stitches. He was really nervous to get the stitches in.  He was really brave.  The other kid he ran into got 4 staples in the back of his head.  

1 comment:

  1. The joys of motherhood. Right? Love G. Hunt

    ReplyDelete